Cajun Fried Potatoes
- 4 lg White potatoes, unpared, -scrubbed -Boiling, salted water
- 1/2 ts Salt
- 1/4 ts Ground white pepper
- 1/4 ts Ground black pepper
- 1/4 ts Onion powder
- 1/4 ts Garlic powder
- 1/8 ts Ground cumin
- 1/8 ts Ground cayenne pepper
- About 2 c. oil, for frying
- Cut the potatoes into 1" cubes. Add to boiling salted water. Cook
just until fork tender but not mushy, about 7 minutes Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the salt, peppers, onion and garlic
power, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the spices. Toss to
coat all pieces evenly.
- You may do this much in advance and hold the
potatoes as long as an hour before completing the dish.
about 1" oil in a wok or deep skillet to about 350 degrees or until a
piece of potato sizzles when added to the oil. Add the potatoes.
until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently.
- Remove from
fat, drain and serve immediately.
Yields: 2-4 servings
Cajun Recipes Page 1