Appetizers and Snacks |
Beef and Pork |
Bisque, Etouffee, Gumbo and Jambalaya |
Bread and Rolls |
Cajun Cooking Terms |
Cajun Jokes |
Chicken, Turkey and Cornish
and Relish |
Fish and Seafood |
Pasta, Pasta Sauce, Rice
and Beans |
Preserves, Jams and Jelly |
Salad and Salad Dressing |
Sandwiches and Po' Boys |
Seasoning, Sauce, Rub
and Roux |
Side Dishes, Vegetables, Gravy and Dressing |
Soup, Stew and Chili |
Cajun Fried Potatoes
- 4 lg White potatoes, unpared, -scrubbed -Boiling, salted water
- 1/4 ts Ground white pepper
- 1/4 ts Ground black pepper
- 1/4 ts Onion powder
- 1/4 ts Garlic powder
- 1/8 ts Ground cumin
- 1/8 ts Ground cayenne pepper
- About 2 c. oil, for frying
- Cut the potatoes into 1" cubes. Add to boiling salted water. Cook
just until fork tender but not mushy, about 7 minutes Drain and cool.
- Meanwhile, in a bowl, combine the salt, peppers, onion and garlic
power, cumin and cayenne pepper.
- Add the potatoes to the spices. Toss to
coat all pieces evenly. You may do this much in advance and hold the
potatoes as long as an hour before completing the dish.
about 1" oil in a wok or deep skillet to about 350 degrees or until a
piece of potato sizzles when added to the oil. Add the potatoes.
until golden brown on all sides, turning frequently.
- Remove from
fat, drain and serve immediately.
Yields: 2-4 servings
Cajun Recipes Page 1