Turkey Stuffing Soup
- 1 Roasted turkey carcass- broken into pieces
- 2 1/2 quarts Cold
- 3 Carrots; thickly sliced
- 3 Celery stalks with leaves-
- 1 Onion; chopped
- 1/2 c Chopped parsley
- 1 Bay leaf1 tsp. Dried thyme; crumbled
- 2 1/2 c Leftover turkey stuffing
- 2 c
- Combine turkey carcass, water, carrots, celery, onion, parsley, bay
leaf, thyme, stuffing, gravy and salt in soup pot. Place over medium
heat and bring to boil, then reduce heat to simmer. Stir and break up
all clumps of stuffing. Simmer, covered, about 1 1/2 hours.
- Remove carcass, saving any meat that can be stripped, and add up to 1
1/2 cups of water if necessary to replace evaporation. Adjust salt to
taste. Let simmer 10 more minutes. Serve hot.
Makes about 10
cups, or 8 servings. Each serving contains about: 367 calories; 412 mg
sodium; 94 mg cholesterol; 17 grams fat; 16 grams carbohydrates; 35
grams protein; 0.67 grams fiber.