- 1 lb. Ground beef , lean
- 1 lb. Sausage stuffing
- 1 c
- 2 Onions, medium, chopped Fine
- 1 tb Curry powder
- 1/2 c Water
- 1 tb Parsley. chopped
- 1 Egg, beaten
- 1 c Clove,
- 1/2 c Milk
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 Onion, chopped very fine
- 1/4 c
- 1/2 c Ketchup
- 1/4 c Dry red wine OR beef stock
- 1/4 c Worcestershire sauce
- Lea & Perrins
- 2 tb Vinegar
- 1 tb Instant coffee
- 1/4 c Brown sugar - packed
- 2 tsp. Lemon juice
- Combine meats, breadcrumbs, onions, salt, pepper, garlic, parsley,
curry and egg in large bowl. Mix well.
- Mix milk and water and add to meat mixture a little at a time until
smooth but firm.
- Shape into loaf and put into greased baking pan.
- Bake 30 minutes at 375F.
- Sauté onions in margarine until golden and add all other
ingredients. Bring slowly to a boil, lower heat and simmer 10 to 15
- After loaf has cooked for 30 minutes, pour half of the sauce over
the meat, return to oven and bake 45 minutes more, basting often with
- Serve loaf hot in thick slices with remaining sauce.
Also makes great sandwiches.