Cape Cod Cranberry Meatloaf
- 1/4 c Whole cranberry sauce
- 3/4 c Dark brown sugar -- packed
1/2 lb. Ground chuck
- 1/2 c Milk
- 1 md Onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 c Plain bread crumbs
- 2 large Eggs -- lightly beaten
- 1/2 tsp. Dried thyme
- 1/2 tsp. Dried marjoram
- /4 tsp. White pepper
- 1/2 tsp. Dried rosemary
- 1 tsp. Salt
- 2 Bay leaves
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Lightly oil a 9 x 5 x 3-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl, combine the cranberry sauce and brown sugar.
- Place the cranberry sauce mixture in the bottom of the prepared loaf
- In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients except
the bay leaves and mix well.
- Set the meatloaf mixture in the pan
on top of the sauce.
- Top the loaf with the bay leaves and bake for 1 1/2
hours or until done.
- Allow the loaf to cool for 20 minutes.
- Remove the bay leaves.
- Very carefully turn the loaf onto a serving plate
so that the sauce side is up.
- Drizzle the pan juices over the loaf.
Recipe By : The Great American Meatloaf Contest Cookbook