Hot Artichoke Spread
- 1 c Mayonnaise
- 2 cans (14 ounces each) artichoke-hearts (water
packed not-marinated) drained
- 1 drop hot pepper sauce
- 1 small
garlic clove, minced
- 1 tsp. lemon juice
- 1 cup grated Parmesan
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Place all the ingredients in a food
processor and blend until smooth. (If using a blender instead of a food
processor, stop the machine frequently and scrape down the sides of the
container with a rubber spatula.
- First be sure the blades have stopped completely.
- Blend just until mixture is smooth.)
- Coat a 1-1/2
quart baking dish with a nonstick vegetable spray and pour in mixture.
- Bake for 30 minutes, until lightly browned.
- Serve on party rye bread.
Note: You can also bake this spread in several small baking
dishes. After they cool, cover each one with plastic wrap and freeze
them for later use. When ready to use, thaw, then remove plastic
wrap, and rewarm in the oven or microwave. "You're ready to invite the
gang over for a last-minute party any time as long as you can pull this
favorite from the freezer and pop it in the oven. Watch them go crazy!
(Warning: habit forming!)
From: Mr. Food Cookbook; Ooh! It's So
GOOD! Posted in FidoNet Cooking Echo.