These sweet potatoes are very good with the maple syrup and butter. You only have to bake for about 30 minutes.
1/2 c Butter or margarine
32 oz. Sweet potatoes; drained*
1/4 c Maple syrup
1/2 c Salted sunflower nuts
*Or 2 lbs. .fresh sweet potatoes, pared and cooked in water to cover
1. Place butter in baking dish and place in oven to melt as oven preheats.
2. Prepare potatoes. They should be left whole if small, or cut into 2-inch chunks if large.
3. Turn potatoes in melted butter in baking dish until coated on all sides.
4. Drizzle syrup evenly over potatoes
5. Sprinkle with the sunflower nuts.
6. Bake at 350' for 25-30 minutes or until heated through.
7. Transfer to serving dish.
Servings - 4
You can prepare the dish ahead and bake it just before serving.