Made with clams or mussels, lobster or crabs, shrimp, red snapper,
vegetables and more. This will feed a lot of people!
- 24 Clams or mussels, cleaned and scrubbed
- 1 tb Corn starch
Small lobsters; or 3 Dungeness crabs; cracked
- 1/2 c Olive oil
- 2 Cloves Minced garlic
- 2 Chopped onions
- 6 Chopped green onions
- 3 Chopped ribs of celery
- 1 Chopped green bell pepper
- 1 tsp.
Chopped fresh thyme
- 1 Bay leaf
- 2 c Chopped fresh tomatoes
- 1 can
- 2 c Red or white wine
- 1 tsp. Crushed fennel seed
- Good sized pinch saffron
- 1/4 c Chopped parsley
- Salt and pepper to
- 32 Small cleaned shrimp
- 2 lb. Red snapper; cut into pieces
- 1 Clove garlic
- 1 tsp. Anchovy paste
- Soak clams or mussels in a large pot of cold water with corn starch.
- Drain several times in cold water.
- Clean and cut into pieces lobsters or
crabs. Crack as needed.
- Heat olive oil in a large pot and add
cloves; garlic, onions, celery, bell pepper, thyme, bay leaf, tomatoes,
wine, fennel seed, saffron, parsley and salt and pepper.Cook 5 minutes.
- Add shrimp and snapper, cook, covered, stirring once, for 5
- Mash in 1 clove garlic with anchovy paste and stir into stew.
- Cook 5 more minutes, then serve as desired.