Smiling Jack Sandwich
It will be hard for your spooky guests to resist a sandwich that is shaped
like a smiling jack-o-lantern, and delicious to boot!
- 2 or 3 Rhodes Yeast Texas Rolls,
thawed but still cold
- 1 egg, beaten
- suggested sandwich fillings:
barbecue beef and coleslaw
- Press rolls together to form a flat oval shape. With a knife, cut
out a wide shape in side of oval. Rotate about a quarter turn and tuck
the point under the pumpkin to form a stem. Trim, if necessary.
- Place on a sprayed baking sheet. Cut out 3 large triangles for eyes
and a nose, and a large crescent shape mouth. Leave some teeth in, if
- Cut 3 curved lines from top to bottom, almost all the way through
the dough. Brush with egg and let rise for 30 minutes.
- Bake at 350°F about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool on
rack and then slice horizontally. Fill with piping-hot barbecue beef
topped with coleslaw, or your own favorite sandwich-makings.
Prep Time: 20 min. Bake Time: 20 min. Servings: 1 Difficulty:
Source: Rhodes Bake N Serv,
used with permission.