Brittle Merangue Bones
When baked, these look like brittle bones. The kids will love helping with this recipe for Halloween.
- 3 large
- 1/4 tsp. cream of tartar
- 1/8 tsp. salt
- 2/3 cup white sugar
- 1/2 tsp. vanilla
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Line cookie sheet with brown paper bag or parchment.
- In a medium sized bowl at high speed, beat egg whites, cream of tartar and salt till fluffy.
- Gradually beat in sugar. Add vanilla.
- Place in pastry bag fitted with a medium plain piping tip.
- Pipe 3" bone shapes onto parchment or brown paper bag.
- Bake 1 hour until set.
- Turn off oven, dry in oven 1 hour.
Makes 4 to 5 dozen small bones.