Kartoffelsuppe (Potato Soup)
- 2 Potatoes; Medium
- 1 Onion; Medium Size
- 4 Celery & Leaves;
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- Boiling Water
- 1 Bay Leaf; Small
- 1/2 t Salt
- 2 T Butter
- 2 c Milk; Up to 3 Cups Maybe Used
- Parsley; Chopped, for garnish
- Peel and thinly slice potatoes, onion and celery. Sauté for 3 to 5
minutes in hot vegetable oil.
- In a large pot, add all of the
vegetables and cover with with just enough boiling water to cover.
bay leaf and salt in pot and boil vegetables until tender.
vegetables and reserve liquid.
- Mash vegetables into vegetable
stock; add butter.
- Thin soup with milk as desired; heat until warm. (DO
- Ladle into soup bowls and sprinkle with chopped parsley.