Schwalbennester (Barvarian Veal)
- 1 lb. Veal; Cut In 4 Thin Slices
- 1/2 t Salt
- 1/8 t Sugar
- 1/2 t Pepper; White
- 1 T Mustard; Dijon Style
- 4 Bacon; Slices
- 4 Eggs; Large, Hard Cooked
- 2 T Vegetable Oil
- 1 Onion; Medium,
- 3/4 c Beef Bouillon; Heated
- 1 T Tomato Paste
- 2 T
- 1/4 c Red Wine
- Dry veal on paper towels.
- Roll in a mixture of salt, sugar, white
pepper, and mustard. Place a bacon slice on top of each piece of veal.
Place an un sliced egg on top of the bacon.
- Rollup each slice of veal
(jelly-roll fashion) and tie together with string.
- Heat oil in
fry pan and brown veal rolls well on all sides. Add onion; sauté for 3
minutes. Add the hot bouillon; cover and simmer gently 25 minutes.
- Remove the veal from the pan. Remove the strings from the veal and keep
veal warm on a serving platter.
- Add tomato paste to the pan
- Thoroughly mix flour and red wine to remove all lumps. Add to sauce and cook until mixture thickens.
- Add warm veal rolls and
- Before serving, place veal rolls on a platter, pour sauce
over the rolls and serve with pureed potatoes.