Berghoff Ragout (Ragout a la Berghof)
- 3/4 c Butter
- 3 1/2 lb. Round Steak; Boneless
- 1 c Onion;
- 1 1/2 c Green Bell Pepper; Chopped
- 1 lb. Mushrooms;
- 1/2 c Unbleached Flour
- 2 c Beef Broth; Canned/Homemade
- 1 c White Wine; Dry
- 1 t Salt
- 1 t Worcestershire Sauce
- Tabasco Sauce; To Taste
- Cut round steak should be cut into thin strips.
- Melt 1/2 cup
butter in a large fry pan. Brown meat over medium-high heat. Remove
- In remaining butter, sauté onion for 2 minutes.
- Add green bell pepper and mushrooms.
- Cook an additional 3 minutes.
- Melt 1/4 cup butter and add flour.
- Slowly add beef broth; cook until
- Stir in wine and seasonings.
- Add meat and mushroom mixture.
- Cover and simmer 45 minutes to 1 hour, until meat is tender.
- Serve with buttered noodles or dumplings.