Low Fat Frozen Cream Sandwiches
The larger sugar cookies will make approximately 6-8 sandwiches. Chocolate wafers or similar smaller cookies will make approximately
- 12 oz. Container fat free or lite frozen whipped topping, thawed
Cups frozen raspberries or blackberries, thawed and drained
- 1 Package
low fat cookies of choice (chocolate wafers or sugar cookies)
- ½ Cup
mini chocolate chips (optional)
- Fold prepared berries into whipped topping until combined.
- Arrange half
of the cookies on a baking sheet.
- Use a tablespoon to mound the filling
onto the assembled cookies, or alternately put mixture into a pastry bag
fitted with a large tip, and pipe it decoratively onto the cookie
- Keep filling well inside the cookie’s edge, as the
filling will spread when the top cookie is put in place.
- Top with
- If desired, press 1 tablespoon of mini chocolate
chips into the sides of each cookie.
- Cover baking sheet and
sandwiches with plastic wrap and place in freezer at least 6 hours or
- Remove from freezer and serve immediately.
Storage To store sandwiches, after freezing, wrap individually in
plastic wrap or place in individual plastic freezer bags and return to
freezer for up to 1 month.
Nutrition Nutrient value will vary with
Prep Time: 15 minutes Total Time: 6 hours, 15
minutes Servings: 6-8.
Recipe and photograph courtesy of The
Oregon Raspberry & Blackberry Commission