Apple Flake Crunch
This Apple Flake Crunch is made with apples, brown sugar, nutmeg and
more. Takes about 45 minutes to bake.
- 6 c Apples; Pared, Cored, And Sliced, About 2 Lbs
- 2 T Brown Or
- 3 T Orange Juice
- 1/3 c Brown Sugar; Firmly Packed
- 2 T Butter Or Margarine
- 1/2 c Corn Flakes
- 1/2 c Unbleached Flour;
- 1/2 t Nutmeg Or Cinnamon
- 1 T Orange Rind; Grated
- 3 T
- 1 T Butter
- Preheat the oven to 375 Degrees F.
- Arrange the apples in a
greased 10 X 6 X 2-Inch baking dish.
- Sprinkle with 2 T of sugar then
with 3 T of orange juice.
- Work 1/3 cup Brown Sugar and 2 T butter until
- Add the next 4 ingredients and mix until crumbly.
on the apples.
- Sprinkle with 3 T of orange juice and dot with 1 T
- Bake in a moderately hot oven of 375 degrees F., for 45
- To Serve; Serve hot or cold with whipped cream if
Yield: 4 servings