French Potato Salad
- 2 pounds (960 g) very small red potatoes, scrubbed
- 1/2 pound (240 g) sugar snap peas, trimmed and strings removed
- 4 scallions, white part and 2 inches (5 cm) green, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white wine vinegar 3 tablespoons (45 ml) olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon (3.75 ml) Dijon mustard
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2
teaspoons (7.5 ml) celery seed
- 1/4 cup (6 g) chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Cook the potatoes in boiling water to cover until tender when pierced
with the point of a knife, about 10 to 15 minutes.
- Drain and cut into
uniform sized pieces, either in halves or quarters, depending on the
size of the potatoes.
- Cook the sugar snap peas in boiling water until crisp cooked, 2 to 3
- Drain and toss with the potatoes.
- Add the scallions.
- In a bowl, combine the vinegar, oil, mustard, garlic, celery seed, and
- Pour over the vegetables and toss.
- Serve at room temperature.
Recipe serves 10.
Per serving: 123 calories (31% calories from fat), 3 g protein, 4 g
total fat (0.6 g saturated fat), 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g dietary fiber,
0 cholesterol, 18 mg sodium Exchanges: 1 carbohydrate (1 bread/starch), 1 fat.