Outback Steakhouse Coconut Shrimp
- 1 1/2 lb. large raw shrimp
- 1/2 c all-purpose flour
- 1/2 c
- 1 T salt
- 1/2 T white pepper
- 2 T vegetable oil
- 1 c
- oil for deep frying
- 2 c short shredded coconut
- 1/2 c orange marmalade
- 1/4 c Grey
Poupon country mustard
- 1/4 c honey
- 3-4 drops Tabasco sauce
- Peel, devein & wash shrimp. Dry well on paper towels. Set aside.
In a bowl, mix all dry ingredients for batter. Add 2T oil and ice
water. Stir to blend.
- To fry: Heat oil to 350 in deep fryer or
- Spread coconut on a flat pan a little at a
time, adding more as needed. Dip shrimp in batter, then roll in coconut.
- Fry in hot oil until lightly browned, about 4 minutes. Bake at
300 5 minutes to finish cooking of the shrimp.
- Serve with the
- Sauce: Combine marmalade, Grey Poupon mustard,
honey & Tabasco sauce to taste.
This recipe is courtesy of Helen
and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes