- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 5 tablespoons all-purpose flour
can Campbell's chicken broth (plus 1 can of water)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon MSG or Accent Flavor Enhancer
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black
- First make a roux (gravy) by combining the oil with 1 1/2 tablespoons of
flour in a medium saucepan over low heat.
- Heat the mixture for
20-30 minutes, stirring often, until it is a dark chocolate color
Remove the roux from the heat, stir in the rest of the flour, and
add the remaining ingredients to the saucepan; mix well.
- Put the
saucepan back over the heat, turn it up to medium and bring the gravy to
a boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 15 minutes, or until thick.
- Recipe makes about 3 cups of gravy.
This recipe is courtesy of
Helen, and is a close clone recipe
Close Clone Recipes