Jack In The Box Tacos
- 1 Pound Ground beef
- 1/3 Cup Refried beans
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tablespoons Chili powder
- 1/4 Cup Ortega Taco Sauce, Mild
- 12 Each
Soft corn tortillas
- 3 Cups Cooking oil
- 6 Slices American cheese
(each cut in half)
- 1 Head Lettuce, chopped fine
- Slowly brown the beef over low heat, using a wooden spoon to chop and
stir the meat, keeping it very fine and smooth. When the beef is brown
drain the fat.
- Add the refried beans and use the wooden spoon to
smash the whole beans into the mixture creating a smooth texture. Add
the salt, Chili powder, and Taco Sauce to the mixture. Remove from the
- In another skillet heat 1/4 inch of oil until hot. Test
with a small piece of tortilla - it should bubble when dropped into the
- Spread 1/2 of the beef mixture on the center of each corn
tortilla. Fold the tortillas over and press so that the beef filling
acts as an adhesive and holds the sides together.
- Drop each taco
into the pan of hot oil and fry on both sides until crispy. When cooked,
remove the tacos from the oil and place them on a rack or some paper
towels until they are a little cooler.
- Pry open slightly and add
1/2 slice American cheese and some lettuce.
- Top with additional
Taco Sauce to taste.
This recipe yields 12 tacos.
is courtesy of Helen, and is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes