Bennigan's Hot Bacon Dressing
- 2 ounces bacon grease
- 1/4 pound red onion, diced fine
- 2 cups
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon Tabasco
- Place the bacon grease in a saucepan over medium-high heat. Add the
onions and sauté until the onions start to blacken.
- While the
onions are caramelizing, in a mixing bowl place the water, honey and red
wine vinegar. Using a wire whisk, mix the ingredients well. Add the
cornstarch and whisk well.
- After the onions have caramelized,
add the Dijon mustard to the onions and stir together with a rubber
- Add the water, vinegar, pepper (sic.) honey and
cornstarch to the mustard and onions and mix. Continue stirring until
mix thickens and comes to a boil.
- Remove from heat and store in
refrigerator until needed.
- To reheat use a double boiler.
In different parts of the country Bennigan's omits the Tabasco, I
say, if you like it, add it! This is a close clone recipe.
Close Clone Recipes