Turkey Sausage and Wild Rice Dressing
- 12 Slices TURKEY BACON, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1/2 Cup
- 3 Cups sweet onion, chopped
- 3 Cups celery, chopped
- 1-1/2 Pounds button mushrooms, cleaned and sliced
- 12 Ounces wild rice,
cooked and cooled
- 6 Cups dry bread crumbs
- 1-1/2 Pounds TURKEY SAUSAGE,
cooked and drained
- 1 Tablespoon dried oregano leaves
- 1-1/2 Teaspoons
dried sage leaves
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to Taste
- Over medium heat, sauté bacon until almost crisp. Remove and reserve.
- Melt butter and add onion, celery and mushrooms; continue cooking until
vegetables are crisp.
- Combine bacon, vegetables, cooked wild rice, bread
crumbs, cooked sausage and herbs. Gently mix well. Season to taste.
dressing into lightly greased 12 X 20 X 2-inch pan.
- Bake, covered, at 325
degrees F for 60-70 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165
Used with permission from The National
More Christmas Dressing recipes