Red Layered Cupcakes
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 1 1/2 cups C&H® Granulated Sugar
- 1 (1 oz.) bottle red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 1/2 cups cake flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
teaspoons cocoa powder, unsweetened
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 1 tablespoon white
White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting
- 2 (8
oz.) pkgs. cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine,
- 1 (16 oz.) pkg. C&H® Powdered Sugar
- 1/2 tablespoon salt
teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 cup (6 oz.) vanilla chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 muffin pans with paper
liners and set aside.
- Beat shortening at medium speed with electric
mixer until fluffy; gradually add sugar, beating well. Add eggs, one at a time,
beating after each addition until blended. Stir in food coloring and vanilla,
- Combine flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa; set aside.
Stir together buttermilk and vinegar. Add flour mixture to shortening mixture,
alternating with buttermilk mixture, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
Beat at low speed after each addition until blended, then beat at medium speed
for 2 minutes. Pour batter evenly into prepared muffin pans.
- Bake 25
to 28 minutes or until cupcakes spring back when lightly touched. Cool in pans
on wire racks. Let cool completely before frosting.
White Chocolate Cream
- Beat cream cheese and butter until fluffy.
Gradually add confectioners' or powdered sugar and salt, beating at low speed
until blended. Add vanilla, mixing well. Slowly pour in melted white chocolate,
beating until blended.
- Frost cooled cupcakes.
Quick Tip: Melt
white chocolate chips in microwave for 60 to 75 seconds on high power, stirring
every 15 seconds until melted.
Used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas Cake recipes