Dipped Peppermint Sticks
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Semi-Sweet Chocolate Morsels
- 1/2 teaspoon vegetable shortening
- 2 tablespoons NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® Premier
- 8 peppermint sticks or candy canes, unwrapped
- 8 cellophane
bags and twist ties or ribbons for wrapping
baking sheet with wax paper.
- MICROWAVE semi-sweet morsels and vegetable
shortening in small, uncovered, microwave-safe bowl on HIGH (100%) power for 20
seconds; STIR. The morsels may retain some of their original shape. If
necessary, microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals, stirring just
until morsels are melted.
- DIP the end of each candy stick in melted
chocolate, tilting bowl to easily dip. Use side of bowl to remove excess. Place
on prepared baking sheet. Refrigerate for 15 minutes or until set.
- MICROWAVE white morsels in small, heavy-duty plastic bag on MEDIUM-HIGH (70%)
power for 20 seconds; knead. Microwave at additional 10- to 15-second intervals,
kneading until smooth. Cut tiny corner from each bag. Squeeze to drizzle over
ends of already dipped candy sticks. Let stand until set. Insert candy sticks
into bags and secure with ties. Store at room temperature.
Makes:8 Sticks Prep Time: 10 minutes Total Time: 26 minutes
permission from Nestles and meals.com
More Christmas candy recipes