Cheesy Macaroni and Cheese
- 2 cups dry small elbow macaroni or shells
- 1/4 cup (1/2
stick) butter or margarine, cut into pieces
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces) NESTLÉ®
CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
teaspoon ground white pepper
- 2 cups (8 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
cup (4 ounces) American cheese, cut into pieces
- PREHEAT oven to 350° F
- PREPARE pasta according to package directions.
Return to saucepan. Add butter; stir until melted.WHISK together
evaporated milk, eggs, mustard and pepper in medium bowl. Add to pasta mixture;
stir. Add cheddar cheese and American cheese; stir. Cook over low heat, stirring
constantly, until cheese begins to melt. Pour into 1 1/2-quart casserole dish.
- BAKE for 10 minutes; stir. Bake for an additional 20 to 25 minutes or until
bubbly and top is lightly golden. Season with salt.
Makes:6 TO 8 side dish servings.
permission from Nestles and meals.com
More Christmas Side Dish recipes