- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 tablespoons C&H® Washed Raw Sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon, ground
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons dark rum (or water)
- 1 tablespoon banana liqueur (or extract)
- 2 medium ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 3 to 4 servings vanilla ice cream
- 1 pinch nutmeg
- In medium skillet, over medium-low heat, melt butter. Stir in sugar, cinnamon, lemon juice, rum and banana liqueur.
- Cook and stir until mixture is bubbling and syrupy.
- Add bananas; cook until they begin to soften, about 1-2 minutes.
- Spoon hot bananas and syrup over ice cream.
- Garnish each with a pinch of nutmeg; serve immediately.
YIELDS 3-4 servings.
Used with permission from C&H Sugar.
More Christmas Dessert recipes