Chocolate Peanut Butter Pie
- 1/3 c Semi-sweet Chocolate Chips
- 1 tb Water
- 1/3 c Sugar
- 3 tb
- 2 Egg Whites; Large
- 1 tsp. Vanilla1 tb Light Corn Syrup
- 1/3 c Creamy Peanut Butter
- 3 tb Light Corn Syrup
- 1/4 c Peanuts;
- 2 tb Sugar
- 1 c Heavy Cream; Whipped
- 14 Peanut Butter Sandwich Cookies3 tb
Butter Or Regular Margarine
Peanut Butter Crust:
- Crush the cookies and melt
the butter or margarine. Combine them and mix well.
- Press the
crumb mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch pie plate.
- Chill in the refrigerator until set.
the chocolate chips, 1 tb of light corn syrup and 1 tb of water in the
top of a double boiler. Cook over simmering water until the chocolate
melts and the mixture is smooth. Remove from the heat and cool well.
- Meanwhile combine the peanut butter, 1/3 cup of sugar, 3 tb of corn
syrup, and 3 tb of water in a 2-qt saucepan. Cook over medium heat,
stirring constantly until the sugar is dissolved and the mixture is well
blended. Pour into a bowl and stir in the peanuts; cool.
the egg whites until foamy, using an electric mixer at high speed.
Gradually add 2 tb of sugar, 1 tb at a time, beating well after each
addition. Beat in the vanilla and continue beating until stiff,
glossy peaks form when the beaters are slowly lifted. Fold the egg white
mixture into the whipped cream. Then fold in the peanut butter mixture.
- Pour half of the peanut butter mixture into the peanut butter
cookie crust. Drizzle half of the chocolate mixture over the filling.
Top with the remaining filling. Drizzle the remaining chocolate in
parallel lines over the filling. Pull a knife across the lines
at 1 inch intervals.
- Freeze until firm. Wrap securely in
aluminum foil. Return to the freezer and continue freezing 8 hours or
- Remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.