Heavenly Chocolate Cheesecake
- 2 c Vanilla Wafers, Fine Crush
- 1 c Ground Toasted Almonds
- 1/2 c
- 1/2 c Sugar
- 12 oz Milk Chocolate Chips
- 1/2 c
- 1 Env. Unflavored Gelatin
- 16 oz Cream Cheese, Softened
c Sour Cream
- 1/2 ts Almond Extract
- 1/2 c Heavy Cream, Whipped
- Whipped cream and chocolate shavings for garnish
- In large bowl, combine vanilla waver crumbs, almonds, butter and sugar;
mix well. Pat firmly into 9-inch spring form pan, covering
bottom and 2 1/2 inches up the sides. Set aside.
- Melt over hot
(not boiling) water milk chocolate chips; stir until smooth. Set aside.
- Pour milk into small saucepan; sprinkle gelatin on top. Set
aside for 1 minute.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly until
gelatin dissolves. Set aside.
- In large bowl, combine cream
cheese, sour cream, and melted chocolate chips; beat until fluffy.
- Beat in gelatin mixture and almond extract. Fold in whipped cream.
- Pour into prepared pan. Chill until firm (about 3 hours).
knife around edge of cake to separate from pan; remove rim.
- Garnish with whipped cream and chocolate shavings, if desired.
Recipe yields: 1 9-inch Cheesecake