Jamaican Chicken Stew
- 1 cup uncooked long-grain rice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons bottled minced garlic
- 1 pound
skinned and boned chicken breast, cut in bite-size pieces
- 1 teaspoon
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black
- 1/4 cup dry red wine
- 2 tablespoons capers
- 1 (15
ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (14.5 ounce) can diced
tomatoes, un drained
- Prepare rice according to package directions, omitting salt and fat.
- While rice cooks, heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over
medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; saute 3 minutes or until
- Combine chicken and next 5 ingredients (chicken through
black pepper) in a bowl.
- Add chicken mixture to pan; sauté 4
minutes. Stir in wine, capers, beans, and tomatoes.
- Cover, reduce heat, and simmer 10 minutes or until tender.