Garlicky Chicken Soup
- 3 1/2 cups home-made chicken broth
- 1 head garlic (about 15
- 1 medium onion, quartered
- 1 1/2 Tb each minced parsley
- 1 tsp. each minced mint and basil leaves
- 1 tsp.
- 1/2 tsp. red pepper flakes
- salt to taste
- 1 Tb
fresh lemon juice
- Put all ingredients, except for lemon juice, into a pot and bring to a
boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes.
- Puree cooked
garlic, onions, herbs with a little broth and stir back into the soup.
Add lemon juice.
- For a clear broth, strain out solids.
This chicken recipe yields about 3 1/2 cups of soup.