Lime Garlic Chicken
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, defrosted if frozen (about 1 1/3 pounds total)
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 large onion
(1 Cup chopped)
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 lime
- salt and pepper to
- Place the chicken breasts, one at a time, between 2 sheets of wax paper
or plastic wrap.
- Pound the breasts with several whacks of a meat
mallet or rolling pin so they are an even 1/2 inch thick.
- Peel off the
paper and set the breasts aside.
- Heat the oil in an extra-deep
12 inch nonstick skillet over medium heat.
- Meanwhile, peel and
chop the onion, adding the chicken to the skillet, then the onion around
it. Cook until the chicken is golden brown on the bottom, about 4
minutes. Stir the onion from time to time.
- While the chicken and
onion cook, peel and finely chop the garlic.
- Cut the lime in
half and cut on half into 4 wedges. Set aside. Reserve the remaining
- Sprinkle the chicken breasts evenly with the garlic, then
turn them. Squeeze the juice from the remaining lime half evenly
over the contents of the skillet.
- Continue to cook until the chicken is
cooked through, 4 to 5 minutes.
- Stir the onions frequently to
brown them evenly and prevent burning.
- Season with salt and
- Serve this chicken dish garnished with the lime wedges.