Elegant Strawberry Chicken
- 2 tbsp. butter
- 2 lg. whole chicken breasts, cooked, de boned, skinned, and cleaned
- 1/2 c. frozen strawberries, defrosted
- 1 c. heated chicken stock
- 1 tbsp. cornstarch
tbsp. cold water
- Salt and pepper
- Few drops of lime juice
- Heat butter in sauté pan.
- When hot, add chicken and sprinkle with lime
juice. Cover and cook 4 minutes over medium low heat.
chicken and turn over; continue cooking, covered, 4 minutes.
- Turn again;
cover and cook 8 minutes over medium low heat.
- Add strawberries
and pears to pan; continue to cook 3 to 4 minutes.
chicken and pears from pan; set aside.
- Add chicken stock to
liquid remaining in pan; bring to boil.
- Cook sauce 2 to 3 minutes over
- Mix cornstarch with water; stir into sauce.
2 minutes over medium low heat.
- Correct seasoning and pour sauce
over chicken and fruit.