Copycat KFC Original Fried Chicken
- 2 frying chickens with skin, each cut into 6 pieces
- 6 cups Crisco cooking oil
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups all- purpose flour
- 4 tbsp. salt
- 2 tsp. black pepper
- 1 tsp. msg (monosodium glutamate) you can use Accent flavor enhancer
- Pour the oil into the pressure cooker and heat over med. heat to about
- In a small bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- In a
separate bowl, combine the remaining four dry ingredients.
each piece of chicken into the milk until fully moistened.
the moistened chicken in the flour mixture until completely coated.
- In groups of four or five drop the covered chicken pieces into the
oil and lock the lid in place.
- When stem begins shooting through
the pressure release, set the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10
minutes, release the pressure and remove the chicken to a paper towels
or a metal rack to drain.
- Repeat with the remaining chicken.
Recipe yields 12 pieces of fried chicken.