Thai-Style Chicken and Vegetable Stir-Fry
- 2 boneless skinless chicken breast halves cut crosswise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 1 tablespoon Thai red curry paste -or 2 tablespoons
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large Japanese eggplants - cut into 3/4-inch pieces
- 4 ounces green beans - trimmed cut on diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 1 cup canned unsweetened coconut milk
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced fresh basil
- Stir chicken and curry paste in medium bowl to coat. Set aside.
- Heat 2 tablespoons oil in heavy large skillet over medium-high heat. Add
eggplant and green beans. Stir-fry until eggplant begins to soften,
about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 tablespoon oil and chicken mixture to
skillet. Stir-fry until chicken begins to brown, about 3 minutes.
- Add coconut milk; simmer until beans are tender, chicken is cooked
through and sauce thickens slightly, about 3 minutes. Season
with salt. Sprinkle with basil.
- Spoon this over rice noodles or
linguine, and have a crisp coleslaw of bean sprouts, shredded cabbage
and slivered red bell pepper alongside.
- To finish, drizzle white
rum over fresh pineapple and banana chunks.