- 1 md Onion; minced
- 1 tb Butter
- 1 1/2 tsp. Thyme
- 1 1/4 tsp. Celery salt
- 2 c Whipping cream
- 9 oz. Haddock or halibut fillets
- 6 oz. Scallops; chopped
- 3 oz. Lobster meat; cooked & chopped
- 3/4 c Sour cream
- 3 Potatoes; peeled, cooked and diced
- 1 1/4 c Milk
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- Paprika for garnish
- Cook the onion in the butter until transparent. Add the thyme and celery
salt. Remove from heat.
- In a saucepan, pour the whipping cream
over the fish fillets. Cover, bring to a boil and simmer slowly for 10
minutes or till the fish flakes easily.
- Remove the fish with a
slotted spoon, then break into small pieces and remove any bones.
the onion mixture and the scallops to the poaching liquid.
to barely a boil, then simmer for about 1 minute or till the scallops
- If the chowder is not to be eaten immediately, refrigerate
everything at this stage.
- Just before serving, add the fish,
lobster, sour cream, potatoes and milk. Heat through, but do not allow
- Season with salt and pepper. Ladle into soup bowls.
with paprika. Serve immediately.
Recipe serves 4-6
Source: Across the Table: An Indulgent Look at Food in Canada