Oatcakes (Not Sweet)
- 3 1/2 c Oats; quick
- 1 tsp. -salt
- 2 tb Flour
- 1/2 c Shortening
- 1/2 c water ,approx.
- Combine the oats, salt and flour.
- Cut in the shortening and add enough
water to dampen and form a ball.
- Leave to swell for ten minutes.
- Divide the dough and roll each part to 1/8" thickness; slide
onto ungreased cookie sheet, indent in squares with a pastry wheel or
- Bake in 350F for about 1/2 hour but watch that they don't
Variation: Sweet Oatcake: Add 1 cup
sugar to recipe.
Recipe source: More Baking with Schmecks Appeal