Baked Cod with Stuffing
- 1 Cod, whole;-head, fin, tail removed
- Salt pork fat back-sliced
- 2 c Bread crumbs; up to 3 cups
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1 Onion; chopped
- 1/4 c Butter; up to 1/2 cup
- 1 Potato; mashed
- 1/4 c Celery; finely chopped -(optional)
- Mix all ingredients together
well. Should be able to form into a ball.
- Stuff into cod immediately
- Remove bone from whole cod (head, tail and fins
removed). Stuff interior of cod with savoury stuffing.
- Bind cod
with twine to hold in stuffing, and top generously with salt pork fat
- Bake cod with open side/salt pork up at 350 Degrees F for
one hour or until salt pork is brown and crunchy.
it, you could sub in bacon for the salt pork, but it is good with the
salt pork. Enjoy!
Recipe serves 1-2