Karen's Carrot Cake
The combination of carrots, walnuts, cinnamon and more, make this
recipe for carrot cake by Karen a great addition to your recipe files.
- 3 cups sugar
- 2 1/4 cups oil
- 6 eggs
- 3 cups flour
- 3 teas.
- 3 teas cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teas. salt
- 4 1/2 cups grated
- 2 cups walnuts + extra for the frosting
- 3- 8 oz. packages cream cheese
- 6 cups powdered
- 3 sticks oleo
- Mix together 3 cups sugar, 2 1/4 cups oil and the six eggs.
in 3 cups flour, 3 teas. baking soda, 3 teas cinnamon, 1 1/2 teas. salt,
and beat well.
- Add 4 1/2 cups grated carrots, 2 cups walnuts, and
pour into 3 round cake pans that are greased and floured well. Bake at
350 till done (usually about 45 min) Cool well.
- To make this a
six layer cake, after the cakes have cooled, slice each cake into two
cakes, then frost with frosting, adding walnuts to the frosting after
you have frosted the cake.
- Frosting: Mix together well the
frosting ingredients until it is of spreading consistency.
This recipe and photograph for Carrot cake was provided to us by