Wild Rice and Oyster Dish
This Wild Rice and Oyster Dish dish is sure to impress your friends
and family. Crispy oysters top this deliciously creamy wild rice, making
for just the right blend of flavors.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 pound sliced
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups
- 3 tablespoons sherry (optional)
- salt and black pepper,
- 6 cups cooked wild rice
- 1 pint small Louisiana oysters,
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/2 cup plain
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 2 tablespoons chopped
green onion stems
- Preheat broiler.
- Coat a 3-quart baking dish with nonstick cooking
- In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil and sauté onions and
mushrooms until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add flour and stir for 1
minute. Gradually stir in milk, cooking until mixture comes to a boil
and thickens. Add sherry and season to taste.
- Remove from heat and
combine with wild rice in prepared baking dish, mixing well.
oysters in butter, and coat with breadcrumbs. Arrange on top of rice.
- Place baking dish under broiler on middle rack and broil for 10 minutes,
or until oyster edges begin to curl and are browned and crispy.
with parsley and green onions.
- Serve immediately.
Photo courtesy of Louisiana
Seafood . Used with permission.
Cajun Recipes Page 1