The Ultimate Grilled Cheese and Bacon Sandwich
- 1 Tbsp. butter
- 1 medium onion, halved & thinly sliced
- 1 ½ tsp.
Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning
- 8 slices thick cut bacon, cut
- 3 Tbsp. mayonnaise
- 1 tsp. Slap Ya Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce
- 8 slices sharp cheddar cheese
- 4 slices sour dough bread, slices no
thicker than a ½ inch
- 4 Tbsp. butter, softened or spreadable
- In a large skillet over medium heat, melt 1 Tbsp of butter. Add
onions and 1 tsp of Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend Seasoning.
consistently, sauté onions until they are golden brown and soft. Remove
from pan and set aside on a plate.
- Using the same skillet, fry
the bacon until crispy. Remove from pan and set aside on a paper towel
covered plate to let drain.
- In a bowl, combine mayonnaise, Slap Ya
Mama Cajun Pepper Sauce and ½ tsp of Slap Ya Mama Low Sodium Blend
- Mix well and set aside.
- Sandwich Assembly:
- Spread mayo
mixture on the inside of each slice of bread.
- Working from the bottom
slice up, add 4 pieces of bacon, 2 slices of cheese, onions, 4 pieces of
bacon, 2 more slices of cheese and top with a slice of bread.
softened butter, spread 1 Tbsp of butter on the outside of the top slice
- In a skillet over medium-low heat, place sandwich
butter side down.
- Butter the top side of the sandwich with another 1 Tbsp and continue grilling sandwich on both sides until the bread is
golden brown and the inside of the sandwich is ooey gooey with melted
- Using a sharp serrated knife, cut sandwich in half and enjoy.
NOTE: This recipe will make 2 large grilled cheese sandwiches due to
the fact that we used larger than normal slices of bread. If using
regular sized slices of bread, this recipe may make 4 sandwiches total.
Recipe and photo courtesy of Jack Walker at
Slap Ya Mama. Used with
Cajun Recipes Page 1