Sweet and Sour Crawfish Cole Slaw
- 1, 4 lb. cabbage
- 3 lg. onions
- 3/4 c. sugar
- 1 ½ c.
- 1 t. salt
- 1 T. sugar
- 2 T. dry mustard
1 ½ t. celery seeds
- 1 ½ c. salad oil
- 1 lb. Louisiana
crawfish tail meat
- Dill weed & paprika
- Shred cabbage into a large container.
- Top with the onions sliced into
thin rings and sprinkle with 3/4 c. sugar.
- Combine vinegar, salt, sugar,
mustard and celery seed and bring to a boil.
- Add the salad oil and pour over
cabbage mixture while hot. Toss in crawfish.
- Cover and refrigerate
- Stir well before serving and garnish with dill weed and paprika.
Recipe courtesy of Leslie Davis and the Louisiana Crawfish Promotion and
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes