Southern Hummingbird Cake
- 3 cups All-purpose flour
- 2 cups Sugar
- 1 teaspoon Salt
- 2 Tsps. cinnamon
- 3 Eggs, beaten
- 1½ cup Oil
- 3½ Tsps. vanilla extract
- 8 ounces Can crushed pineapple, with
- 2 cups Pecans, chopped
- 2 cups Bananas, chopped
- 2 (8 oz) packages cream cheese
- 1 cup Butter, softened
- 2 (16 oz.) packages powdered sugar
- 2 Tsps. vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix the first 4 ingredients in a
large mixing bowl.
- Stir in the eggs and oil, until
the dry ingredients are moistened. Do not beat.
- Blend in pineapple, bananas, 1½
tsps. vanilla extract, and one cup pecans.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes or until
cake is done.
- Remove from pans and cool
- To prepare cream cheese
frosting, combine cream cheese and butter, mixing until smooth.
- Add the powdered sugar, beating
until light and fluffy. Stir in remaining vanilla.
- Spread frosting between layers
and on top and sides. Sprinkle with remaining pecans.
Photo credit: ulterior epicure
More Cajun And Creole Recipes