Southern Fried Peach Pies
- 4 cups Dried peaches
- 2 cups Water
- ½ cup Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Cinnamon
- 1 Sheet of prepared pastry
- Vegetable oil
- Extra sugar for sprinkling pies
- Combine peaches and water in a large
saucepan and bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and simmer about 30 minutes
or until tender. Cool and mash slightly, if necessary. Stir in ½ cup sugar and
cinnamon. Set aside.
- Divide pastry into thirds and roll
each portion to ¼ inch thickness on wax paper. Cut into 5 inch circles.
Place about 2 tablespoons peaches mixture on half of each pastry circle.
- Seal pies, by dipping your fingers in water, and moisten edges of pastry circles;
fold circles in half, making sure edges are even. Press edges of filled
pastry firmly together using a fork dipped in flour.
- Heat ½ inch of oil to 375°F in a
large skillet. Fry pies until golden brown on both sides, turning once.
Drain well on paper towels. Sprinkle with sugar while warm, but not real
Photo credit: EvilShenanigans
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes