Slap Ya Mama Fried Shrimp Po-Boy
This Slap Ya Mama Fried Shrimp Po-Boy, is deliciousness with a kick!
- 1 ½ lbs medium shrimp, peeled
- 2 eggs
- ¼ cup milk
- Slap Ya Mama Cajun
Fish Fry, 12oz
- 6 tbsp. butter, melted
- vegetable oil
- French bread,
enough to make 4 po-boy buns, each 8” long
- Remoulade sauce
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced dill pickles
- Slap Ya Mama Pepper
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- With a thermometer attached to
the side of a heavy pot or deep skillet, fill pot with vegetable oil,
about 2” deep and heat to 350 degrees F.
- While waiting for the oil to heat, whisk eggs and milk together in a
bowl making an egg wash.
- In a medium sized bowl, place Slap Ya Mama
Cajun Fish Fry.
- Now dip shrimp in egg wash, then coat evenly
with fish fry batter.
- Working in batches, fry shrimp until golden brown,
about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer to a paper towel
covered plate to drain.
French bread length ways; spread melted butter on the inside of bread
and place on a baking sheet with open ends up.
- Bake for approximately 10
Building a Po-Boy:
spread Remoulade sauce on the inside of bread.
- Layer with shrimp,
lettuce, tomatoes and pickles.
- Douse with Slap Ya Mama Pepper Sauce,
serve and enjoy!
Recipe makes shrimp 4 po-boys
If you like it a little spicier, try seasoning the shrimp with the
Slap Ya Mama Hot Blend Seasoning before dipping them into the egg wash.
Deliciousness with a kick!
Recipe and Photo Courtesy of
Slap Ya Mama Used with permission
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes