Pan-Seared Catfish with Crawfish Tails and Browned Butter
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 2 lemons
- 2¼ sticks of unsalted butter, divided
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound crawfish tails, cooked and peeled
- ¼ cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- ZEST and juice lemons, separately reserving zest and juice; set aside.
- MELT ¼ stick of butter in microwave.
- Generously COAT each fillet with salt and pepper, then brush with melted
- ADD seasoned fillets, presentation side down, to a very hot cast-iron
skillet, and sear to get a nice crust, 2 to 3 minutes. Carefully turn and
sear other side, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat and set aside.
- MELT remaining 2 sticks of butter in a large saucepan over medium-high
heat. Allow butter to foam and turn golden brown. Watch carefully, and lower
heat if necessary. Do not allow butter to burn or it will be unusable.
Immediately add lemon juice, salt and pepper.
- REMOVE from heat and add crawfish tails and parsley.
- PLATE fillets and drizzle with crawfish tails and browned butter.
- SPRINKLE with lemon zest and serve.
Recipe and photo used with permission from Us Catfish.
Cajun Recipes/Creole Recipes