Mardi Gras Muffuletta
- 1/2 pound sliced hard Italian salami
- 1/4 pound smoked, cooked, ham
1/8 tsp. Tabasco brand pepper sauce
- 6 oz. sliced provolone cheese
- 1 oz. sharp cheddar or other sharp cheese with jalapenos
- 1 round or oval loaf of crusty bread, 10 inches in diameter
- olive salad
- Cut the bread in half, horizontally.
- Drain olive salad. Keep the marinade
- Add the Tabasco sauce.
- Brush the marinade on the bread.
- Layer salami, half of olive salad, cheese, ham , then rest of
- Put halves of bread together.
Photo credit: Arnold Valentino.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes