Jumbo Shrimp Salad with Creole Cream Cheese Dressing
- 2 dozen 21-25 count Louisiana shrimp, peel & deveined
- 1 container Chef John Folse's Bittersweet Plantation Dairy Creole Cream
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 3/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
- 3/4 tsp. ground cinnamon
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 (8oz. cans fruit cocktail, drained very well)
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 1/2 cups seedless green grapes
- 2 cups shredded coconut
- 2 (11 ounce) cans mandarin oranges, drained
- 10 ounce jar maraschino cherries, drained
- 2 (8 ounce) cans pineapple chunks, drained
- It is important to drain the fruit very well so that there will be
no excess moisture in the finished dessert.
- In a large pot, salt water and boil shrimp until just done, about 2-4
minutes. Set aside to cool.
- In the bowl of a mixer, combine Creole cream cheese, whipping cream,
nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Whip on medium high speed. When mixture starts to thicken slightly, add
sugar slowly and beat until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- When layering the whipped cream between fruit, use a generous amount.
- In a glass trifle bowl, layer in order: fruit cocktail, whipped cream,
pecans, whipped cream, grapes, coconut, mandarin oranges, whipped cream, 16
shrimp, marshmallows, cherries, whipped cream and pineapple.
- Top with remaining whipped cream.
- Garnish with mint and maraschino cherries and place 8 jumbo shrimp
curled over the edges of the bowl.
This recipe can be created in individual servings by layering the
ingredients in the same manner in parfait or pilsner glasses.
is courtesy of Bittersweet Plantation and was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes