Joe's Crab Shack Pop Corn Shrimp (Close Clone)
- 1 lb. Small Fresh Shrimp (cleaned and shelled)
- 4 Tbsp. Corn Starch
- 2 Eggs Beaten
- 1/4 C Water
- 1 C Cracker Meal
- 1 tsp. Garlic Powder
- 1 tsp. Creole Seasoning
- 1 tsp. Brown Sugar
- 1/3 C Plain Bread Crumbs
- 1/3 C Flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. Tabasco Sauce
- 1/2 tsp. Paprika
- Place shrimp in a bowl, add garlic powder, brown sugar and Tabasco Sauce
and mix well.
- Marinate shrimp for 1/2 hour in refrigerator.
- Beat egg and add water, blend well, set aside.
- Mix flour, cracker meal, bread crumbs paprika and creole seasoning
together and blend well.
- Assemble for frying of shrimp, one bowl for corn starch, one bowl for
egg wash, and one bowl for cracker mixture.
- Heat oil for frying, use your favorite form of deep frying.
- One piece at a time dust shrimp with corn starch, then place lightly in
egg wash then roll in cracker crumb mixture.
- Fry until done.
- Shrimp will float to top when cooked through, remove when done and place
on paper towels.
Posted by Jamie, at our old message board.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes