Awesome Deep Fried Pecan Pies
- Oil enough for deep frying
- 1/3 cup softened butter
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup light Karo syrup
- 1 tbsp. self-rising flour
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 1 15 oz. pie dough (refrigerated)
- Heat oil in deep fryer.
- Cream butter and sugar.
- Mix in
syrup, flour, salt, and vanilla extract until well blended.
- Stir in
pecans, making sure they are well mixed in with above ingredients.
- Take the refrigerated pie dough and unroll it on a lightly floured
- Cut the pie dough with a 4" cookie cutter into circles.
- You will have some dough left over. Just keep rolling that back out and
cutting more pieces, until the excess is gone.
- Place about 1 to
1/2 tbsp. of the mixture you made earlier into each piece of the dough
you have cut out.
- Now, about all you have to do is fold the dough
over the mixture. (It should look something like a half moon)
- Take a
fork and crimp the edge's of each pie to form a seal.
- Drop the
pies in the deep fryer for about 3 minutes. Make sure to turn them as
needed to prevent scorching.
- When pies are done, take them out of
deep fryer with slotted spoon. Drain on paper towels, and let cool.
- When cool, serve and enjoy!
Cajun Recipes Page 1