Deep Fried Oyster Po' Boys
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 1 large loaf French bread, split
- ½ cup Mayonnaise
- 6 slices Tomato
- ½ cup Shredded green lettuce
- Hot sauce
- 12 Oysters, shucked
- 1 cup Cornmeal
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning (I use
- Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 360
- Brush the bread with mayonnaise
, top with tomatoes, lettuce and a few dashes of hot sauce.
- Place oysters in cornmeal
seasoned with Cajun seasoning and toss well to coat.
- Fry oysters, in batches, until
golden and crispy, turning several times, avoid overcrowding.
- Remove with a slotted spoon and
drain on paper towels.
- Place oysters on the prepared French bread and enjoy!
Note* This po'boy makes one very large po'boy, or can be cut in half to
feed two people.
Cajun Recipes Page 1
Photo credit: Buck 82
CC BY-NC 2.0