Crawfish Cheese Pie
- 1 stick butter
- 1 cup green onions, finely chopped
- 5 stalks celery, finely chopped
- 2 ounces crawfish fat
- 1 can cream of shrimp soup (do not dilute)
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco
- 1/4 teaspoon each red, black and white pepper
- 1 cup water
- 1 pound crawfish tails
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 1 cooked pie crust
- Salt to taste
- 5 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- Melt butter and sauté green onions and celery for 15 minutes.
- Add fat and cook 5 minutes.
- Add soup, black, red and white pepper and Tabasco. Cook 5 minutes.
- Add crawfish tails, rice and water. Stir, making sure mixture is
not too dry or too runny. Add a little water if too dry.
- It must be thick enough to stand as a slice of pie.
- Add salt to taste.
- Stir in cheese and put in pie shell.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 15 minutes.
Makes 4-6 servings.
Recipe was posted at our old cooking blog.
Cajun Recipes-Cajun and Creole Recipes