Crawfish Cheese Enchiladas
- 20 oz. enchilada sauce
- 12 oz. cottage cheese
- 8 oz. sour cream
- 4-oz. can chopped chiles, undrained
- 1 lb. Louisiana crawfish tailmeat
- 1/4 t. salt
- 8, 8-inch flour tortillas
- 1 c. shredded Monterey Jack
- 4 T. sliced black olives
- 1 c. shredded Cheddar cheese
Sour cream, chopped olives, cilantro, chopped tomato
- Spread 3/4 c. enchilada sauce evenly in a lightly greased 13" x 9"
- Combine cottage cheese and next 3 ingredients.
Spoon about 1/3 cup mixture down center of each tortilla. Sprinkle
evenly with Monterey Jack cheese.
- Roll up and place, seam side
down in dish. Top evenly with remaining enchilada sauce. Sprinkle with
olives. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 25 minutes.
and sprinkle with Cheddar cheese. Garnish if desired. *For a lighter
diet, substitute low-fat or non-fat dairy products.
Recipe courtesy of Louisiana
Crawfish Promotion and Research Board, and Leslie Davis. Used with
Cajun Recipes Page 1